Recommended Disabled-friendly Restaurants
The French are famous for their cooking, so you simply must make at least one visit to a local restaurant to enjoy the fine Normandy cuisine available in the area. Not only do the following restaurants serve great food, but they are also fully wheelchair accessible and have a disabled toilet.
All of these restaurants are within easy reach of Le Mesnil Gonfroy:
- Le Krill in the pretty village of La Baleine. This is a simple bar/restaurant with plenty of atmosphere, where all the meat and fish are cooked in front of you over a big fire and there is a choice of sauces. Fully accessible toilets and wide doorways. There is an outside terrace for al fresco dining.
- La Barratte at St Denis Le Vetu is a lovely little restaurant providing lunch and dinner using all local ingredients. There is a a small bar with open fire and a restaurant at the rear with a terrace in the Summer. Disabled toilet.
- Le Fruitier hotel is in the centre of Villedieu Les Poeles and has a very French restaurant and bistro serving excellent seafood and other local specialities. Both are fully wheelchair accessible and have new accessible toilets by lift to lower floor.
- La Passerrelle at Les Salines near Brehal is fully accessible and does excellent lunches and evening meals with a lovely view over the coastal salt marshes. It specialises in fish and seafood. The toilets are on a level and are fully wheelchair accessible.
- Relais des Isles at Coudeville Sur Mer is a must for seafood fans. The restaurant is on the top floor of the hotel accessed by a lift with a panoramic view of the sea. All fully wheelchair accessible with modern toilet facilities.
- Retaurant du Delice in Gavray is an English run reaturant with disabled access and a disabled-friendly toilet. Fish and chips available Friday evenings.
- Couleurs et Saveurs Restaurant at Bricqueville sur Mer is a sophisticated coastal restaurant with lovely ambience and monthly changing fish and seafood menu. It has level wheelchair access throughout.
- La Citadelle at Granville is a lovely seafood restaurant right on the harbour front with fresh fish and plateaux de fruits de mer. Fully wheelchair accessible and a lovely ambience.
- La Relais du Viaduc at Coutances has traditional cooking and specialises in fish and fruits de mer. Disabled access.
- La Fermette at Beauvoir near Mont St Michel has French speciality dishes and a nearby galette and pancake shop. They are both fully accessible.
Full details of these and other restaurants in the area are available in the information book in the farmhouse.