It is often very difficult to find a holiday that suits all of the family, especially if one person is less mobile or in a wheelchair. Le Mesnil Gonfroy is perfect: lots of space for everyone and a house that really works for the less able.
Le Mesnil Gonfroy is fully wheelchair accessible with wide doorways and tiled floors throughout the ground floor.
French doors lead from each room to the garden.
The attractive and spacious ground floor bedroom has twin beds and a very large ensuite bathroom prettily decorated in yellow, blue and white.
- Tiled floors throughout
- Wide doorways
- French doors lead from each ground floor room to garden
- Spacious bedroom with twin beds (space for mobile hoist below)
- Large ensuite bathroom
- Huge wheel-in shower with grab rails
- Shower chair
- Raised level toilet with grab rails
- Lower level bath
- Mobile Hoist
Aids for the disabled
- We have an Oxford Midi Mobile Hoist that is available free of charge.
- Other aids available on request such as bed raisers, commode etc.
- Profiling beds or other specialist equipment such as wheelchairs and hoists can be easily hired through the helpful English speaking local chemist (details supplied)
Gardens and Swimming Pool
- Ample parking adjacent to house
- Accessible level lawns provide shady or sunny places to relax
- Wheelchair path leads to swimming pool on lower lawn
- Level sun terraces with garden table, chairs and umbrella
- Attractive swimming pool with gradual steps leading to shallow end of pool
- Oxford Dipper pool hoist available on request with chair or spreader bar
The French medical care is excellent and details of the local doctor and hospital are provided in the information book kept in the house.