Terms and Conditions of Booking
“The Client” refers to the person who makes the reservation and must be a minimum of 18 years old.
“ Normandy Farmhouses” refers to the associates and employees of Normandy Farmhouses.
The terms and conditions on this document together with your invoice and booking form comprise the agreement between Normandy Farmhouses and all those listed on the booking form on whose behalf the client has booked.
1. Contract. The contract will exist between the Client and the Normandy Farmhouses when Client receives confirmation from Normandy Farmhouses. The Client will receive acknowledgement of receipt of the deposit for the booking and confirmation of the period selected for the holiday. However Normandy Farmhouses cannot issue a letter of confirmation unless a completed and signed booking form and correct deposit has been received from The Client.
2. Normandy Farmhouses rights. Normandy Farmhouses reserves the right to decline any reservation without explanation. In any such instance the deposit will be returned in full.
3. Final Payment. The balance is required to be paid no later than 8 weeks prior to the commencement date of the booking (“commencement date”). If booking is made within this 8-week period the full payment is required to confirm reservation. If payment is not received by the due date property Normandy Farmhouses reserves the right to cancel the reservation without further notice, retaining deposits and the right to levy cancellation charges. Payment must be made by UK cheque, credit card, or Bank Transfer.
4. Cancellation by Normandy Farmhouses. In the unlikely event that, due to circumstances beyond Normandy Farmhouses’s control, Normandy Farmhouses have reason to cancel the booking then all monies received from The Client will be refunded in full, unless the cancellation or alteration is due to forces beyond the control of Normandy Farmhouses such as war, fire, floods, strikes, riots, natural disaster, political unrest or any other circumstances amounting to Force Majeure. Normandy Farmhouses will not be liable for any claims for compensation
5. Cancellation by The Client. You may cancel your holiday at any time providing that the person who signed the booking form makes the cancellation. However we will retain your deposit and in addition will apply the cancellation charges listed below. Any cancellation of a booking must be made in writing and sent by recorded delivery to Normandy Farmhouses.
Notification of cancellation given – Cancellation Charges
Up to 10 weeks before commencement date – Deposit
7 to 10 weeks – 50%
4 to 7 weeks – 75%
Less than 4 weeks – 100%
Should you have to cancel the holiday, we will do our best to relet the house. If successful, we will return all monies less the deposit and any expenses.
Travel Arrangements are not made by Normandy Farmhouses and are the total responsibility of the Client.
We strongly recommend The Client & all members of their party arrange suitable travel insurance to cover any losses.
6. Check in & Check out. Unless otherwise expressly agreed by Normandy Farmhouses The Client may check in no earlier than 16:00 (local time) on the commencement date, and must check out no later than 10:30 (local time) on the date of departure.
7. Property Damage. The Client will be responsible for any damage caused to the building or its contents. In the event of any such damage, Normandy Farmhouses shall be entitled to recover from The Client at the time the cost of repairs or replacements of any damage or loss caused by The Client or any member of their party, either to Normandy Farmhouses or a third party. If The Client fails to do so The Client indemnifies Normandy Farmhouses against any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against Normandy Farmhouses as a result of The Client’s action. Normandy Farmhouses reserves the right to terminate the holiday of The Client and any member of their party whose behavior (in the opinion of Normandy Farmhouses) is considered to be inappropriate or unacceptable.
8. Smoking Policy. For safety & insurance purposes a non-smoking policy is adopted throughout the farmhouse.
9. Insurance travel documents. It is up to The Client to ensure that each member of their party has all necessary medical and travel insurance documents to cover themselves fully before embarking on the holiday. No responsibility is or will be accepted in respect of any such failure to insure wheresoever or howsoever arising.
Any contract between The Client and Normandy Farmhouses shall be governed in all respects by English Law.