A hassle-free holiday for everyone, including the mobility impaired
We’ve designed Le Mesnil Gonfroy as a house that really works for everyone. From the beautiful level lawns and ample accessible parking, through the wide French doors that lead from each room onto the flat terrace and gardens, to the tiled floors and spacious ensuite bedroom, this holiday home is a dream for the elderly or less able.
But there’s also a spacious sitting room with Normandy fireplace, a gas barbecue and outdoor dining area on the sun terrace, a fully-equipped kitchen and dining room, table tennis room, and 6 charming bedrooms that the whole family can enjoy.
- 6 bedrooms, sleeping 14 (discounts available for smaller groups). 2 bathrooms (1 ensuite), 2 shower rooms (1 ensuite).
- Magnificent 10-metre private heated pool
- Fully fitted kitchen with adjoining breakfast room with large oak table
- Huge lounge with old beams and massive Normandy fireplace leading to beautiful dining room with oak table for 14
- Huge lounge with old beams and massive Normandy fireplace
- Beautiful gardens and south facing terrace, gas BBQ and dining area
- Wifi, full central heating, laundry room, table tennis
- Spacious ground floor bedroom with twin beds (space for mobile hoist below)
- Large ensuite bathroom with:
Huge wheel-in shower with grab rails
Raised level toilet with grab rails
Lower level bath
- Wide doorways throughout tiled ground floor and French doors leading to sun terrace
- Wheelchair accessible private heated pool with gentle steps and Oxford Dipper hoist, spreader bar or chair
- Other aids avaiable on request and specialist equipment can be hired from pharmacy nearby (see below)
- Guide dogs welcome free of charge.
Disability aids from €2 per day, including delivery
Disability aids such as an electric profiling bed, special mattress, wheelchairs etc. can be pre-ordered from the local pharmacy and delivered before your arrival.
Thierry and Estelle the housekeepers live really close so are happy to help or demonstate any equipment.
What our guests say…
Fabulous holiday, beautiful farmhouse and we all enjoyed the pool, especially Richard who uses a wheelchair so the hoist was perfect for him. The children loved the swimming pool and the rope swing. The farmhouse and grounds are beautiful. Lots of lovely places to visit. We all enjoyed our holiday and our stay at the farmhouse.
– Hipkin family
It is a lovely house, and perfectly adapted for our extended family part. The disabled accommodation was excellent; the children loved playing in the garden and pool; and we all enjoyed sitting round the fire on cooler evenings.
– Adams family & friends